Wednesday, May 28, 2008

NASCAR 2008

In February 2008 NASCAR was at California Speedway in Fontana, California. I decided to take Justin and Seth to Saturday's Nationwide Series race. We were at the track for a few hours before they announced that the race was being postponed until after the Sprint Cup race on Sunday. Both races on Sunday ended up being postponed again until Monday because of the rain. I had just gotten laid off from work the week before so I wasn't working that Monday, and I also found out that the $20 ticket I purchased from a scalper was good for BOTH races on Monday. We had a BLAST!!! It's hard to describe the sound of those cars roaring around the track at almost 200 MPH; you can literally feel it. Oh, by the way, kids under 12 get in FREE, so next year I hope to take a few of the cousins and their dads if they want. RSVP ASAP!!!

0 comments: